26 HOUSING UNITS
Commissioned by : Osica
Architect(s) : Atela Architectes
Surface : 1650 m²
Program : Building of 26 housing units
Budget : 2.67 € (excl. VAT)
Status : Competition 2017
This project of 26 housing units on Arthur Rimbaud Street is located on a strategic parcel for Saclay. This parcel marks the entrance of the Val d'Albain, articulating the residential area with the great landscape of the plateau and visible from far away from the south to the north on the road to Orsay.
- The program is organized along the long side of the plot. This implementation allows the building to open up to the south towards the agricultural spaces.
- The sloping roof is asymmetrical in order to emphasize the horizontality of the landscape perspectives to the south and to give a more vertical and urban profile in relation to the traffic circle to the north.
- The long form is wiggled to create more corner situations (search for double orientations)
- The volume thus constituted is hollowed out to create loggias and patios and to offer outdoor spaces to all the dwellings.
- On the northern facade, dormers give rhythm to the facade, affirming the verticality of this facade to give it a more urban character while respecting the heights of the Local Urbanism Plan.
- This volumetry provides qualitative and varied landscaped spaces, garden, landscaped knolls, embankment, landscaped parking